Thursday, August 11, 2005

26.09.05: E.A.Poe: The Tell Tale Heart 2 pages


True! - nervous - very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The disease had sharpened my senses - not destroyed - not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad? Hearken! and observe how healthily - how calmly I can tell you the whole story.
It is impossible to say how first the idea entered my brain; but once conceived, it haunted me hay and night. Object there was none. Passion there was none. I loved the old man. He had never wronged me. He had never given me insult. For his gold I had no desire. I think it was his eye! yes, it was this! He had the eye of a vulture - a pale blue eye, with a film over it. Whenever it fell upon me, my blood ran cold; and so by degrees - very gradually - I made up my mind to take the life of the old man, and thus rid myself of the eye forever.

I would like you to select the short story you will read and to write the following information in the comment you will have to post.
- the class to which you belong
- the name of each student in the group

Every story can be read by only one group in each class !

To post a comment you have to press on the comment icon below this window.
Link to the short story

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1M6
Ayena et Carmela

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stéphanie and Camille will study The Tell Tale Heart, 1M2

5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carmela, it's no nice to have taken that short story, because you don't have choice that, but me and Laura yes.

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home