Thursday, August 11, 2005

28.11-02.12.05: M.Twain: Extracts From Adam's Diary 4 pages


MONDAY -- This new creature with the long hair is a good deal in the way. It is always hanging around and following me about. I don't like this; I am not used to company. I wish it would stay with the other animals. . . . Cloudy today, wind in the east; think we shall have rain. . . . WE? Where did I get that word-the new creature uses it.

TUESDAY -- Been examining the great waterfall. It is the finest thing on the estate, I think. The new creature calls it Niagara Falls-why, I am sure I do not know. Says it LOOKS like Niagara Falls. That is not a reason, it is mere waywardness and imbecility. I get no chance to name anything myself. The new creature names everything that comes along, before I can get in a protest. And always that same pretext is offered -- it LOOKS like the thing. There is a dodo, for instance. Says the moment one looks at it one sees at a glance that it "looks like a dodo." It will have to keep that name, no doubt. It wearies me to fret about it, and it does no good, anyway. Dodo! It looks no more like a dodo than I do.


I would like you to select the short story you will read and to write the following information in the comment you will have to post.
- the class to which you belong
- the name of each student in the group

Every story can be read by only one group in each class !

To post a comment you have to press on the comment icon below this window.
Link to the short story

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laure L and Justine will study this short story, 1M6

5:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Justine et Laure de la classe 1m6 prenons ce sujet d'exposer

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home